Life is precious, fragile so value each day

The helicopter crash that killed nine, including basketball superstar Kobe Bryant, on Jan. 26 should convince people that life and people should be always appreciated. It is a natural occurrence for us to expect someone or something to forever be available. We tend to forget how precious life and family are and how much they mean to us. People take for granted the things in life they have become so accustomed to. We need to regain gratitude about how blessed we are and understand life is too short and nothing lasts forever. 

Life and family are irreplaceable and can be snatched away in a heartbeat. Value and love the people God allowed you to borrow because He’s going to want them back eventually, no matter who it is and how significant that individual is to you. Life is fragile. 

Consider, Bryant the legendary basketball phenomenon who unexpectedly passed away in a helicopter crash along with eight additional passengers, including his 13-year-old daughter Gianna. The sudden death shocked almost everyone, especially the families. No one expects the people closest to them to leave so suddenly.

Once someone dear to you is gone, you will never regain the opportunity to feel their spirit and love again. One of the greatest comforts when someone passes is knowing you made the most of the time you had with that person. We do not understand how blessed and lucky we are to have family and experience love, because not everyone is as fortunate. Family is precious.

The things that truly render our happiness are usually right in front of us, so cherish and value them every single day, because you never know how good you have it until it is gone. In the blink of an eye, everything can change, so love with all your heart. We must learn to be grateful for everything we receive and constantly remind ourselves where we’d be without them. Appreciate what you have while you can. If you do, there will be less regret when a love one transitions from this earth.