‘Twin Towers’ headed to college together

By Champayne Hicks and Lindrell Mitchell Voice of the Ville

The ‘Twin Towers’ Cedrick Lattimore and Chauncey Golston are two members of the East English Village Bulldogs. Lattimore and Golston fully embrace their respective nickname that attributes to their tall stature and extensive body mass. Lattimore weighs 260 pounds and stands 6 feet 5 inches tall, while Golston stands 6 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 220 pounds.

Lattimore and Golston are more than just teammates at The Ville, as students at the school, they also play the same position, defensive end. They both have been offered a dozen of scholarships from different colleges, but the teammates decided to commit to the same college, Iowa University in Iowa City, Iowa.

“This opportunity is what we have worked for our entire lives. Basically, we have been playing for just the love of the game, but now it’s bigger than football! It’s a way to secure our future through education,” Lattimore states.

Golston said “it’s an honor to commit to Iowa, a D1 school. I’m also excited to attend such a prestigious university expense free,” Golston states. Lattimore added, “It’s a blessing to be committed to Iowa knowing that I have taken a lot of pressure off my parents financially and educationally.” Both Golston and Lattimore have a four to five year scholarships, depending on their college major and anticipated graduation date.

Golston and Lattimore transitioned to EEVPA from their respective middle schools and have perfected their game under the leadership of Coach Rodereck Oden. “They are two of the hardest working players on my team. They both are equally selfless and humble,” Oden said when reflecting on the Twin Towers.