Is CMA ready for a possible female president in 2016?

By Paris Brown The Communicator

In the history of the U.S., all presidents to date have been males. And it was not until November 2008 that America elected their first African American president. Now that American citizens have that under their belts, the next possible upcoming historical moment is the election of a female president in 2016.

Former first lady Hillary Clinton and former AT&T CEO Carly Fiorina have been campaigning for president. America has undergone several changes throughout the course of the years such as eliminating segregation, legalizing marijuana and gay marriage, but the biggest question of the year would be, “If America is ready for a female president?”

Several people, including celebrities like Atlanta rapper T.I., have given opinions on the matter of whether a woman running the country would remain efficient and beneficial for all. Although the rapper later apologized for the comment, the opposing opinions have become clear.

Students at Communication and Media Arts have also given opinions on whether women are suitable for the job.

“Women have been ready to lead long before the United States existed, to say women are not capable is an insult to our founding principles of democracy,” said senior Logan Johnson.

“I believe women are capable because there are several leaders in the world whom have been raised and taught by women in which they have done legendary things,” junior London Hasstings said.