EEV Bulldogs ready for state title run

By James Ceasar Voice of the Ville

Many people expected the 2015 season would be magical for the East English Village Bulldogs football team. With the regular season over and the Bulldogs hosting a 7-2 record, this statement seems to be true.

The Bulldogs started the season off with a 56-20 game win over Walled Lake Central. Coach Oden and the Bulldogs have never won the first regular season game in the schools four years of existence, so this win meant a lot to the players, coaching staff and students.

The rest of the wins came against Renaissance, Denby, Western International, Cody and CMA. Unfortunately the Bulldogs hit a rough spot in their schedule when they faced Martin Luther King and Cass Tech. These were the two biggest games on East English Village Preparatory Academy’s regular season schedule. The Bulldogs lost in a nail biter to the King Crusaders. This game came down to a fourth and on play, with King stopping EEVPA on a 4th and 1 play. This stop sealed a 20-15 win for the Crusaders.

The game against Cass Tech was a tough one to swallow for the whole school. The Bulldogs came out flat, and the Technicians jumped out early and ran away with a 33-8 win.

Despite those two losses EEVPA will bounce back as they look to make a big run in the state playoffs that will lead to a showdown on Thanksgiving at Ford Field. With great player like big play wide receiver Lindrell Mitchell, quarterback Delvin Washington and the anchor on defense Andrew DeMoss Jr., winning a state championship is not out of reach. Head Coach Roderick Oden said, “We started off fast, but we hit a wall. However, we are still on track with all seasonal goals by hosting playoffs at home.”

EEVPA has great players and a very good coaching staff. People around the state should not be amazed when The Bulldogs put up a great fight in the pursuit of three Wooden Mittens, which are the trophies for District, Regional and State Champions.