CMA shows pride during spirit week

By Logan Johnson The Communicator

This years’ Spirit week themes amped up students for homecoming with some innovative attire. Participants dressed in accordance with the designated theme to encourage and display school spirit.

Because October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month, students demonstrated support of supporting the cure with a blast of pink.

“I enjoy participating in spirit week for two reasons; to show spirit for my school and also a way to get out of wearing uniform,” senior Taleshieana Miller said.

“Spirit Week is a big deal to students, it is a huge change to the average school week,” senior Brian Millhouse said.

The piece de resistance of Spirit Week is the individuality of each student complementing the air of joviality and cheer.

Throughout the entire week, there was an underlying tone of anxiousness and excitement ready to burst to the surface at any time.

However, in an impressive display of self-control and responsibility, the week progressed without a hitch. Each day students became more and more creative.

Then finally, the day where the proverbial cap is taken off and the explosion of spirit and school pride was astounding.

Battle of the Classes was an excellent way to end Spirit Week. Each class wore colors of affiliation, the senior class wore class elected Miami Dolphin colors and paraphernalia, the junior class wore green, the sophomore class red and the freshman class was purple.

The class of 2016 put on an impressive show; they brought the fireworks to the party and put on an impressive display.