CMA selects senior officers

By Taylor Jenkins The Communicator

Prospective graduates are delighted to have the Class of 2016 senior officer’s elected and in action. Senior president Jalon Nelson encourages seniors that goal No. 1 is to graduate on June 2 with college plans. Nelson said he plans to operate this senior year like a democracy.

“I believe I was the best choice, the most experience,” Nelson said. “I have good communications, remained organized, and prepared academically secure to lead. I’m a neutral party and seek to hear the voice of all of my constituents. I have been in various leadership role since ninth grade,” Nelson said.

It is no surprise that he is on a mission, stating President Barack Obama serves as his inspiration.

“I admire President Barak Obama the most,” Nelson said. “I admire his motivation, diligence and integrity. My goal was always to become class president especially since we have not had a male in the role for many years.”

Vice president Paris Brown’s goals are to help seniors have a successful school year, be efficient in maintaining grades, and have a foundation for entering college. One political figure the vice president Brown admires is Hillary Clinton

Treasurer Judy Russell Pierce offers great fundraising ideas for the senior class. She decided to run for treasurer because her peers trusted her to fundraising, market and finance. One of her fundraising ideas is partnering with Kroger to donate.

Kaylyn Wheeler, sergeant of arms, aspires to have a peaceful, drama-free, productive and fun memorable senior year. Wheeler admires Obama because he is rational, an inspiration to the country, and accomplished great things during his presidency.

De’Aira Everette’s aspiration as secretary is to keep everything in order. “I want everything on time, everyone on task, and on a mission,” she said.