Renaissance: Teachers still give work during final exams

By Desmond Johnson Staff Writer

One would think that during final exam week, teachers would not give extra assignments that could “overload” or stress a student out further during final exam week, but they do.

“This is just too much work,” said junior Nia Little. “I just cannot fathom the fact that my teachers are still giving major assignments during this time.”

Final exams typically count as a major portion of students’  final grade in a class. Sometimes, they can range 20 – 50% of a student’s final grade. However, many teachers are still assigning major assignments and projects during this tiresome time.

“This is crazy,” said junior Lynarius Collins. “Mrs. Johnson just gave a major accounting project that’s due soon, and I still have to take her final that’s 30% of my grade.”

It appears to many students throughout the school that teachers are purposely trying to stress their students beyond their limits. Examples of extra assignments that teachers are assigning include: week 12 story in Journalism, my city project in French 3, front-loading in World History, accounting project in Marketing, research presentations in English, and the list goes on and on.

“I feel as though my head is about to explode with all this stupid, crazy work,” said sophomore Atiya Whitehead. “I just want this year to be over!”