Renaissance: Future Project Presents “Unclick the Clique”

By Dezjuan Hardeman Staff Writer

“Unclick the Clique” was an event sponsored by The Future Project today, April 28, at lunchtime. The event was meant to unify the students of Renaissance as a whole instead of being divided by grade level.

“I enjoyed the different mood today in the lunch room than from the normal mood because I’m usually bored on A day rotation,” said freshman Penny Richards.

The event provided entertainment from “DJ TJ” and two dancers from the Harlem Dance Group as well as MC from Renaissance’s Dream Director Toni Jones.

“I loved how the event turned because it was originally meant to unify the students by sitting together and not in the usual seating arrangements according to grade. I especially loved how it happened so naturally with students from all grades sitting together, having fun together, and having a good time,” said Dream Director Toni Jones.

The event is supposed to be held once again in May and will be sponsored majorly by the Renaissance Senate and is expected to have more of what was provided today.

“I’m really looking forward to ‘Unclick the Clique’ and even more than what we had today, hopefully we’ll be able to go outside for it. I personally enjoyed being a part of the organization that sponsored it,” said senior Ethan Beard.