Renaissance: Cop or Drop: Air Jordan 11 Retro "Georgetown" vs. Retro 7 "Hare"

By Rae Evans Staff writer

The Retro 11’s “Georgetowns” released on Saturday, April 11 for $170. This is a high top shoe that features an extended Flint Grey colorway all the way up to the tongue and back. It also features a navy blue color on the bottom half of the shoe.

The Retro 7’s  “Hare” is scheduled to release on May 16 for $175. This diverse shoe features a vibrant array of colors and details. They also feature a white leather upper with what is labeled as “light silver” inserts, along with red trim.  They were nicknamed the “Hare Jordans” because of the commercial, which featured cartoon character Bugs Bunny. After being bullied by some jocks on the B-ball court, Bugs strapped on what he called his “Hare Jordans”, and teamed up with “Air Jordan” to school the four jocks.

Looking at both of these shoes with their very unique styles it’s difficult to decide whether to cop or drop them.

“I would definitely drop the Air Jordan 11 “Georgetowns”. The colorway is so ugly. The navy blue throws off everything. I would definitely cop the Hares though. They have a better color way and the design of the shoe is better,” said senior Farraton White.

“I would cop both of the shoes. I like the both colorways. The 11s are different. I think that air Jordan 7s would be more comfortable. I think that the 11s are simple and would go with more things,” said senior Alkwandre Graves.

“I would cop both of the shoes. I like the color way of both of the shoes and I don’t think they would ever come out again,” said senior Marcus Langston.

Because of its very unique vibrant colorway the Air Jordan 7s “Hares” seems to be a must cop. It is very different and probably will never be released again. The Air Jordan 11s “Georgetowns” seems to be a definite cop for most people. The shoe’s nice colorway and simple design satisfies the customers.