Renaissance: New S6 is lookalike to the iPhone 6

By Ariana Taylor Editor

After Samsung officially announced the release of their latest phones- the galaxy s6 and galaxy s6 edge- there were claims of similarities between them and Apple’s iPhone 6.

“I’m a Samsung person, but now I want an Iphone 6,” said senior Destinee Pitts. “The galaxy S6 looks like a copycat of the Iphone.”

Like the Pepsi and Coca-Cola feud, Samsung and Apple both have great products just with a different flavor of doing things.

This time Samsung has upgraded from the plastic covered phones to the look of Iphones with its aluminum frame and glass-covered front and rear panels.

“I don’t see it. I don’t think the s6 looks like the Iphone6,” said senior Brandi Hess.

Aside from the outside appearance and the fingerprint reader, the galaxy s6 and Iphone 6 are still two totally different phones. Especially with Samsung putting out the galaxy s6 edge, which has a futuristic curved surface display and makes the Iphone 6 look like last decade’s phone.

According to Yahoo Tech, both the s6 and s6 edge are better than the Iphone 6 in display with Samsung adding a new feature of 2560x1440 resolution to Apple’s 1334x750 resolution. Samsung has also finally beaten Apple in camera quality. While both phones have 16-megapixel camera, the s6 has OIS which makes images more sharp and colors more bright while the Iphone 6 uses image stabilization which isn’t as effective as OIS.