Renaissance: President Obama connects with youth through YouTube Stars

By Brandy Blackwell Section editor

A couple of days after he gave his State of the Union Address, President Barack Obama sat down with a with YouTube stars Bethany Mota, Glozell Green, and Hank Green at the White House for an interview as a ‘way to connect with the younger generation’.

In the interview Obama said, “You guys have a more powerful voice with the youth  than the President. That’s why I’m here.”

Each YouTube star had their own unique interview set inside a room in the White House. They each had the opportunity to ask the President about different issues in which their viewers had been wondering about.

Viewers were able to tell their thoughts about the interview by tweeting the hashtag #YouTubeAsksObama.

“I love that Obama did the interview. I watch people on YouTube all the time, so it was cool to see some of the people I watch on YouTube interview the President,” said freshman Jaylin Williams.

President Obama jokingly teases YouTube star Glozell Green after she mistakenly call Michelle Obama his “first wife.” 

The interview included some laughable times, including when Glozell call first lady Michelle Obama the “first wife.”

“ It was good to see a funnier side of the President , especially when he was joking with Glozell about the first wife comment,” said junior Cierra Hill.

The interview was a huge hit on YouTube , and even made international news.The President is hoping that this will boost his popularity with the young people.