Cass Tech basketball makes history

The Cass Tech boys basketball team has broken the school record for most consecutive wins in a single season. Cass Tech broke the record when they defeated Traverse City St. Francis on Feb. 4. As of Feb. 17, Cass Tech is 17-0.

“…Well, naturally it feels good to have won all your games," head coach Steven Hall said. “But it’s also mixed emotions because you get consumed with your goals and you don’t want to celebrate prematurely but I’m happy that we’re undefeated.”

Cass Tech Senior Travon Cooper II said it feels "very good" to be ranked No. 1 in Michigan.

You know, coming into this season we knew that we would have the chance to be No. 1 in the state and we came out and did just that," Cooper said.

Cass Tech sophomore Darius Acuff said the team's preparation has helped Cass Tech win all its games so far.

“It’s an everyday thing,” Acuff said. “Coach (Hall) is always on us hard. We run on the track during the season, we lift weights, and we practice hard every day."

Acuff said that preparation doesn’t start the day before the game. It starts weeks before the game.

Cooper added that one of the team’s goals would be to win the PSL city championship and state championship.

“We want to win the PSL," Cooper said. "And we want to lock in on the state playoffs and win the state championship."

Hall said that there is always room for growth within the team.

“For sure I don’t think we’ve reached our ceiling” said Hall. “I think we got a lot of growth and potential. The expectations are high, but our expectations for ourselves exceed others’ expectations for us. So, I do see a lot of potential for growth."

The team appreciates the CT fans support too.

“It makes us feel good,” said Hall. “You know, to see Cass Tech nation enjoying the success that we have had so far.”