CT Alumni Association raises funds for golf team

Cass Tech golfers Sydney Evans and Kennedy Watts with Coach Jo. Photo by Fay Watts.

The Cass Tech Alumni Association held a golf outing fundraiser on Sept. 10 at Kensington Metropark to raise funds to support the Cass Tech golf team. 

Cass Tech recently reinstated the golf team, and the CT Alumni Association wanted to support the team. 

“Due to funding cuts by the board, the Cass Tech golf team was dissolved, so we didn’t have a golf team,” said CT alumni and co-chair Gwen Moore. “When the Alumni Association Golf Committee heard that they were restarting the golf program, we wanted to make sure that we could assist in ensuring the golfer had everything they needed to be successful.” 

Moore said that it was a wonderful opportunity for the golf team to be able to meet some CT alumni. 

“It was wonderful to have the golfers have an opportunity to talk to alumni and to build relationships that will carry them into the future,” Moore said. 

Junior Kennedy Watts is on the girls golf team and said the event impacted her.

“It was really memorable at the end when people won prizes and they decided to donate it back to the students so we could have a better program,” Watts said. 

Moore said over $5,000 was raised for the Cass Tech golf team.

Cass Tech Girls golf team with Coach Martin and Coach James. Photo by Fred Ferris.