High school seniors contemplate virtual learning this fall

As COVID-19 continues to impact the world, there is a possibility that incoming college students may be online this fall. Many seniors have their opinions about virtual learning, but the students who are upcoming college freshmen could possibly be virtual instead of sitting in a classroom. For the seniors in high school, the thought of doing virtual learning can be stressful while others think virtual learning has its benefits. 

“I’m not really a fan of it [virtual] because it’s more difficult and stressful,” senior Terrell Hollingsworth Jr. said. 

Some future freshmen do not find online school a problem because they do not have a problem adapting. Depending on the university, the school might make the transition a little easier and the students will not have the added pressure of catching COVID. Parents might not want their children to do virtual classes because they want their child to experience the college life and not just the classes.

“I don’t think it will be good to do online classes because you need the experience and it’s already hard school work. It’ll be even harder virtually,” college graduate Brooklyn Parks said.

Only time will tell on how things will go for the incoming class of freshmen and other college students. There are pros and cons for both scenarios. 

“Being online definitely has it advantages like it’s more affordable, more flexible, and no commute,” Western Michigan University senior Caydrah Phillips said. “But there’s no social interaction, more work, and technology issues.”