CMA's seniors are hopeful for future

As the school year winds down and the class of 2021 prepares to walk across the stage and enter a new chapter in life, a lot of emotions are being felt among seniors throughout Detroit schools. COVID-19 has restricted a lot of the opportunity’s students would have received if school were in person, but nevertheless, students were able to persevere.

DPS schools are opening back up and allowing students to be in person for their final events. Students will be attending prom and graduation this year and will be able to receive their diplomas face to face. It has been a rough year for many, but the tough times have passed and the hard work has paid off for many.

Prom is coming and it is the final event for seniors to gather and have fun before graduation. 

“I miss my peers and I want to see them one more time before graduation,” Dralen Muse, a graduating senior at CMA, said about plans for prom. 

Muse plans to attend Wayne State University for college. Other seniors have big plans for college as well. 

“I will personally be attending University of Michigan-Ann Arbor to pursue a dual degree in mathematics and vocal education," said Alexis Harris, a graduating senior at Renaissance. "Once I finish that I will get a PhD and become a professor."

It has been a long journey for seniors, but it is finally time for them to move on. Many students have amazing expectations for their future. The year feels for hopeful despite the pandemic, but this class of young scholars are finally crossing that finish line and what awaits is nothing but hope for a profound future.

Congratulations Class of 2021!