Author Abbie Emmons shows teens how to be hopeful through her Book "100 Days of Sunlight"

On Aug. 7, 2019,  author Abbie Emmons released her debut novel "100 Days of Sunlight." Emmons is a YouTuber who gives advice to aspiring authors on how to write a story and make it interesting for the audience. After years of giving advice, and successfully keeping her project unknown to the public, she finally released her book "100 Days of Sunlight."

"100 Days of Sunlight" tells the story of Tessa Dickinson, a temporarily blind poetry blogger, and Weston Ludovico, an optimistic boy with no legs. After being involved in a car accident with her grandma, Tessa loses her eyesight for exactly 100 days and gives up her hobby of writing poetry. That was until Weston saw a newspaper ad her grandparents put out days ago to help Tessa get back into the swing of things and offered to help. Initially, Tessa was angry with the ad but slowly began to warm up to the idea.

The character development within "100 Days of Sunlight" is effective. Characters are the most important element to the story, and the characters in "100 Days of Sunlight" reflect real people. Each character has their good points, their flaws, goals they wanted to achieve, and a personality that makes them distinct from one another. One of the reasons the main character Tessa was realistic is that Emmons portrayed her as a character who matured and evolved throughout the story.

The reason Emmons is such an effective author and why "100 Days of Sunlight" is loved by many is because Emmons puts more thought into her characters and their backstories rather than just the plot of the book. The book is directed toward teens, so if you are a teen who is feeling a bit lost or stuck in life, this book is for you. "100 Days of Sunlight" presents strong themes of hope and healing through the romance between Tessa and Weston, and it is definitely not a miss.