There are Do’s and Don’ts for promposals

Prom season is the time of year when many high school students get prepared for what they consider to be the biggest day of their teenage lives, besides graduation. Teens plan for weeks for this special day. They buy the best attire and book appointments weeks in advance. However, one of the most popular ways teens commemorate the prom season is by planning promposals. 

According to most high school students, it’s not enough to just ask someone to be their date for prom. A lot of teens are going the extra mile by creating elaborate promposals to confirm their date for this special night. There are definitely some key components to making such a gesture and here are some great suggestions for what you should and should not do.

The most important aspect to a promposal is knowing your date. This will reduce the chances of rejection and make the promposal more meaningful. If you know your date, you’ll have an idea of how much work you need to put into your promposal. For example, if your potential date likes a lot of attention, then you should go all out with balloons and a big poster board in front of everyone.  

There are some girls who prefer a more simple gesture. In this case, you can take her out to a nice restaurant or do it at her house. A lot of times, guys will shoot their shots with random girls they don't know and then get upset when they're rejected. This is why you need to prepare for the worst before going in. 

If the idea of doing a promposals is intimidating, we suggest going with a friend or a group of friends. This way, you can have fun and not have to worry about the rejection. If you are already with someone, have a talk with them about prom before jumping straight to the promposal. Remember to have fun and be creative. Prom is the time to dine and shine.