CT senior earns scholarship to Princeton

Cass Tech senior Brandon Campbell has been awarded a full ride to Princeton University through the Questbridge Match Scholarship. Campbell is the first and only Technician to receive this scholarship this school year, said Lisa Gooden, a counselor at Cass Tech.

The Questbridge Match Scholarship is awarded to selected students who demonstrate educational initiative, leadership qualities and financial need. Students complete an application, submit the required documents such as test scores and transcripts, and individually apply to the partner school(s) of their choice.

Those schools can then choose to admit the student and accept the Questbridge status, thus awarding them with a full scholarship. 

Campbell, who wants to be a dentist, has been an excellent student since grade school. He is a full diploma International Baccalaureate student, as well as being the National Honor Society president for the Cass Tech Chapter, and he is ranked No. 1 in his class; all while maintaining a 4.3 GPA and earning a 1370 SAT score.

His top five college choices were “Harvard, Yale, Princeton, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor and Northwestern University,” where he will then major in biology and work towards entering dental school after he receives his undergraduate degree.

To learn more about the Questbridge Match Scholarship, visit www.questbridge.org.