EEVPA journalism team collects canned good for homeless

<p>The Voice of the Ville’s staff wishes everyone a Merry Christmas. Photo by Asianna Franklin.</p>

The Voice of the Ville’s staff wishes everyone a Merry Christmas. Photo by Asianna Franklin.

We’ve had snow and dealt with the cold; now we’re just waiting for the biggest annual holiday, Christmas. It is the time of year to spread cheer and goodwill to others, and that is what East English’s journalism team is doing this year. 

Keeping in the spirit of giving, Voice of Ville’s journalism team sponsored a successful canned goods drive at the school. All food products were donated to Bethany Lutheran Church to help feed the homeless this Christmas.  

“It is really a nice thing to do; to give back to the community. It’s great knowing we have the ability to bring joy into others’ lives,” said co-editor-in-chief, Carolyn Townsel.

The staff would like to extend special thanks to everyone who supports the Voice of the Ville journalism program. This includes the Ville’s staff, our families, and Detroit Dialogue readers. 

Special thanks to Ms. Joy Visconti from MSU School of Journalism, the Detroit Dialogue support team and Crain Communications.

“Thank you so much Ms. Visconti for giving us the opportunity to share our voices not only with classmates, but with other schools as well,” said Voice of the Ville writer Eric Major. 

“Merry Christmas, everyone! We hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday,” said Voice of the Ville co-editor-in-chief Elese Gaston.