Legacy Week honors CT alumni​

<p>From left to right: Terri Berry, Naytarsha Carrero-Berry, BreAnn White, Raynetta Manees, Alex Kimbrough, Monique Bryant. Photo by Ayanna Hunt.</p>

From left to right: Terri Berry, Naytarsha Carrero-Berry, BreAnn White, Raynetta Manees, Alex Kimbrough, Monique Bryant. Photo by Ayanna Hunt.

How important is the Cass Tech legacy to alumni? The Triangle Society held their third annual Legacy Week, Nov. 10-15.

The events for Legacy Week were: Celebrate the Cass Tech JROTC, Veteran’s Day Observance, Trivia Tuesday, Cass Tech Conversations, Throwback Thursday and Photo Friday. 

Founded by the class of 1986 alumni members Terri Berry and Monique Bryant, the Triangle Society is dedicated to honoring the legacy of Cass Tech. It provided financial support for student organizations, and athletic/academic programs that honor Cass Technical High School’s legacy of excellence

The Triangle Society also hosted Cass Tech Conversations in the Cass Tech BlackBox Theatre. Light refreshments were served, and students, staff, and alumni had a chance to talk about Cass Tech’s impact. 

One of the panelists included Alex Kimbrough, Emmy award winning director and producer at WJBK FOX 2. 

“(Attending Cass Tech) gave me inspiration I could achieve anything, and being around people who had ambition and drive made it beautiful,” Kimbrough said.

The Triangle Society started Legacy Week as a way to teach new members of Cass Tech’s Harpand Vocal Ensemble about the rich history of the talented group. The first Legacy Week was such a success that The Triangle Society decided to expound the celebration of Legacy Week to the entire Cass Tech community.