Seniors have last homecoming dance

On Oct. 18, the Renaissance High School student body attended their homecoming dance at the Ford Center in Dearborn. 

This year’s theme for homecoming was “An Evening in Paris.”

After an exciting Pep-Rally RHS students were excited for this year’s homecoming dance. 

Because this was be the seniors’ last homecoming dance, they were especially excited.

“I am very excited for homecoming, especially it being my last one in high school,” RHS Senior Amber Crawford said. 

Tyrese Anderson and Tyra Clark were named King and Queen at this year’s homecoming dance.

Crawford said she believes that this homecoming has to be a “night to remember” since it’s her last.

Some seniors had never been to a homecoming dance before and used their senior year to get a taste of the event.

“I’ve personally never went to a homecoming because something always stopped me,” RHS senior Sonjai Taylor said.

Taylor also mentioned she will definitely be attending this year and she will for sure go out with a bang.

Some seniors had been looking forward to this event since September.

“With this being my last year, I have put a lot of thought and time into my look for homecoming,” Senior Kaela Funches said. “The best part about this is it’s our last year to have a genuinely fun time as a class at homecoming, so we have to make memorable.” 

Funches believed the 2020 class should all come out and make the most of this night. 

Mostly all the senior class came out and participated in “An Evening in Paris” and they believed it was as fun as they anticipated it would be.