Students dress to impress at homecoming

<p>Senior Jovan Henderson and Terriona McCrary show off their homecoming attire. Photo by Zaria Newton.</p>

Senior Jovan Henderson and Terriona McCrary show off their homecoming attire. Photo by Zaria Newton.

On Oct. 18, Communication & Media Arts High School held its annual homecoming dance at Shriner Silvers Garden. The dance began at 7:30 p.m. The students attended the party dressed to impress. There were many photos being taken and offered as keepsakes. 

Dj Goodboi continuously played tasteful music to keep the dance floor packed. Along with good music, the food was delicious. They sold pizza, candy, and served drinks to keep the students refreshed and full of excitement. The dance started off very enjoyable but there was more to come, as soon enough, the winners of the homecoming court were announced. 

First, Sherman Williams and Gia Green were Lord and Lady. Then, Jeremiah Henderson and Nakkia Foreman were crowned Duke and Dutchess. Next, Desmon Bryson and Kamry Hill were named Prince and Princess. Finally, Dyquan Williams and Cameron Wheeler were announced as King and Queen. 

“It was my last high school homecoming, and I lived every moment to the fullest,” senior Stephanie Jenkins said.

CMA students continued to celebrate until the clock hit 11 p.m., getting every moment on camera. 

“That party was crazy,” sophomore David Falconer said.