Battalion ready for brigade

<p>The “Report in” for the JROTC Armed Exhibition drill routine at Renaissance.</p>

The “Report in” for the JROTC Armed Exhibition drill routine at Renaissance.

RHS Cougar Battalion prepared for a March 2 competition against many other schools, including Chandler Park, Cass Tech and Wayne Memorial, as well as its Brigade for competition in Kentucky Feb. 8-10.

It was the seventh annual Brigade for the Cougar Battalion.

RHS Armed Commander Cox said, “We have been practicing since October, I know we will be ready for competition and brigade.”

Cougar Battalion has previously placed in the top five when attending brigade, even placing top three when going to local competition. 

RHS second year armed exhibition team member, Jeru Cossom, said, “This routine is looking better and sharper than last year.” 

The Cougar battalion places faith in new additional first year armed exhibition members, Antonio Green and Lashaun Grier, as the team lost Talmage Turner, who left Renaissance.

Referring to the state of the exhibition team, head of the armed team and instructor Sargent Varner said, “we have a very strong unit this year, we won’t be going to show up, we are going to win!”

RHS second year armed team member Ayress Goss said, “Talmage was a very important piece to our routine, but I feel the people that we have added will soon be on the level of Talmage, if not, even better.”

Even with the loss of Talmage, RHS cougar battalion JROTC unit said they will try their best to win this year’s seventh annual brigade in Kentucky.