Junior juggles life as performer, student

Throughout high school, we spent most of our years trying to figure out what we want to do in life and who we want to be. 

The process is long, arduous and often leaves us in a constant state of wonder, as we scramble to pick up the pieces and figure it out. 

A lot of people don’t figure it out until after graduation, but for 16-year-old Cass Tech junior E’Nya Bailey, she already has one foot in the door.

E’Nya is rapper, singer, dancer and actor who goes by “Nya Kasan.” She is the oldest child of three. She has been performing since she was 8 and looks to performing as a way to express her individuality and share her story.

She is a part of Cass Tech Performing Arts Guild, and has also been featured on Lifetime’s “The Rap Game” Season 5.

Former Cass Tech student E’Nya Bailey (Nya Kasan) ventures on the next step of her career by being featured on Lifetimes “The Rap Game.”

This may sound like a dream come true, but it is not without complications. E’Nya spends 30-plus hours a week practicing music, on top of school work, and recording in the studio.

“It’s difficult since I’m in the best schools in Detroit, the pressure is overwhelming which causes me to overthink a lot,” she said.

E’Nya is in the process of making more music to put out.

“I plan on living life to the fullest and inspiring people everywhere,” she said.

Her dream school is Clark Atlanta, where she wants to study business. She doesn’t plan on stopping her career, but is looking to further it.

E’Nya may be young, but she is ready to tackle whatever the world has for her. Without the support of her friends, family, and her church, she doesn’t think that she would’ve gotten this far.