Anthony Roberts stars on court for Henry Ford

<p>Senior Anthony Roberts stars on the court for Henry Ford and makes sure he works hard in the classroom too.</p>

Senior Anthony Roberts stars on the court for Henry Ford and makes sure he works hard in the classroom too.

Anthony Roberts, standing at 6-foot-3, is currently a senior at Henry Ford High School and is the point guard for the basketball team. Roberts is a good player that works hard, has a lot of strength and is versatile on the floor.

Roberts has been playing basketball since he was 6 years old. It wasn’t until he was in the eighth grade at Ludington, when he realized he wanted to pursue a career in basketball.

“A lot of people says he’s nonchalant, but he’s very tough,” said Kenneth Flowers, Henry Ford High School's head basketball coach. "Basketball comes easy for Anthony. Once he gets going he scores with the best of them.”    

Roberts maintains an overall 2.8 grade-point average and his favorite class is history. 

“History is really important because it helps me to understand why we live the way we are living and why we are where we are as a people and country," Roberts said. 

Roberts will attend Bryant University in Rhode Island in the fall. He plans to major in business administration.