DSA performs at Noel Night for second straight year

The 45th annual Noel Night held on Dec. 2 and had more than 100 venues participating in this Midtown Detroit event. 

Detroit School of Arts offered several performances that evening including vocal, dance, theatre, karaoke and live music.

Noel Night is a holiday event that takes place in Midtown Detroit, people can shop, eat and explore what Midtown Detroit has to offer.

This was DSA's second year participating in this event and ever since, many have said they love what they see.

“I love DSA and I didn’t know about the many things here.,” said Terrance Dortch. “The most fun I’ve had all night was singing karaoke. I also loved watching the dancers perform."

Tabitha Smith says she loves bringing her children down to DSA. 

“My children are very artistic and love performing," she said. "When they saw the vocalist and dance performers, their eyes just lit up. Coming to DSA is an absolute must. It’s a safe space for the entire family.”

When asked what her favorite part of the night was, she said: “ I definitely liked like the Achievers Lady Ensemble and Vision Male Ensemble. Also, the theatre students were great. What really put the icing on the cake was the live music.”

Despite a police situation near the DIA, those who attendedNoel Night still found DSA to be a family friendly, entertaining place where they can have a great time. For example, the drama department performs a mini play for their audience in the Black Box Auditorium. According to performers in the play, the crowd seemed into their performance.

DJuan Newsome said was it was a fun experience. 

“I wish there were more people in the audience, however people laughed and seemed entertained," he said.

He went on to say that the theatre department put the play on every 20 minutes and that it was just a fun night overall.