Twitter Finger: Has Trump gone too far?

So 140 characters are seemingly not enough for President Donald Trump. 

President Trump takes First Amendment rights too far with his addictive Twitter rants. Twitter is an online app that provides social service and news outreach. It is not an app for our President or anyone to attack other on any level.

High school students use Twitter on an everyday basics, to communicate and express their thoughts and opinions. Now we have a president who uses it the same way. But many have reported on president Trump's reckless tweets. 

Amari Young, a junior at Grosse Pointe North High School said: “I believe Trump's tweets are reckless and too much. He tweets unconscious of the citizens' emotions and feelings.”

Crysercia Jeter, a Detroit resident and junior at University of Michigan said: "Yes, I believe his tweets are reckless, he needs to grow up and handle situations like a true businessman would."

For example, on Oct 4, Trump tweets: “A great day in Puerto Rico yesterday. While some of the news coverage is fake, must show great warmth and friendship."

Trump seems more focused and concerned about“fake news” and him than the hundreds of people struggling in Puerto Rico. He goes on to say “it’s a great trip. Your weather is second to none but every once in a while you get hit. And you really got hit."

Joking on a matter that physically and emotionally affected people’s lives is unconscionable. Trump is not one to bit his tongue and hold back how he feels about something, for example being his response to NFL players kneeling during the national anthem. He then goes on to say “calling for all team owner should fire any ‘son of a b’ who disrespects our flag. 

Does Trump not know about our rights to freedom of speech? He uses freedom of speech all the time, when he decides to make comments on Twitter and social media about anything he wants.

Many have different opinions about Trump and his behavior. 

Damion Todd, junior at U of D said: “In my opinion, Trump skillfully tweets, but his tweeting to others is seen excessive, he has a businessman mindset he knows how to skillfully get his word to every generation."

But how will his tweets and actions affect the younger generation. 

Young said: “I believe Trumps behavior and actions will affect youth by bringing them together. Because he is targeting all of us in a different ways throughout society.” 

Some say we ‘cut him some slack’ the others says ‘ he knows right from wrong’. 

Mark Kornblau, NBC news senior VP of Communications said “never imagined a day when I would think to myself, it is beneath my dignity to respond to the President of the U.S? “ 

What if it was you? Would you lash back or cut him some slack?