Little Caesars Arena Opens

On Sept. 5, Detroit made a new addition to the downtown area: Little Caesars Arena.

Used as a combination of Detroit’s own NBA team, the Pistons, and the NHL Red Wings, the new arena has all sorts of new attractions like concerts featuring favorite artists.

“I’m absolutely sure that Little Caesars Arena will bring more revenue back to the city of Detroit because of what we have to offer here,” said Kyle Kujawa, public relations coordinator of the Detroit Red Wings.“We don’t just provide seats to watch the basketball game or the hockey game. We also have a variety of restaurants you can go to while you wait for the game to start. Anything you could imagine doing, you could it here at Little Caesars Arena.”

Scheduling games with two different teams using the same space could get complicated.

Kujawa said: “We have everything under control, with all of our events. I personally make sure all of our hockey games are scheduled to be on different days so they don’t interfere with our basketball games or concerts. I think the idea of combining two different sports together was great. It allows hockey and basketball fans to come together.”

Before Little Caesars Arena, there were others like the Palace of Auburn Hills and Joe Louis Arena. In fact, they were very popular places in Detroit. Kujawa hopes to continue this trend.

"When you see it catches your attention," Kujawa said. "Therefore, you are most likely to come in and indulge in the what we have to offer to the public. Little Caesars Arena was created to lure people in from the Metro Detroit area.

"If you want somewhere to hangout you can come down to Kid Rock’s Made in Detroit restaurant and you could grab a bite to eat. Of course, we have a Little Caesars inside of Little Caesars Arena because it wouldn’t be Little Caesars Arena without it. Anything you could imagining doing you could it here at Little Caesars Arena.”