Activities keep seniors busy during final weeks of high school

<p>UPrep's Alysa Wiggins is pinned by her mom at the ceremony.</p>

UPrep's Alysa Wiggins is pinned by her mom at the ceremony.

The Class of 2017 are ending their time at University Preparatory High School with a month packed full of activities.

To kick off the activities UPrep held the senior pinning ceremony at Burton Manor on March 17. The event was an opportunity for seniors to be honored by their families with a senior pin.

UPrep held its annual Preppies on April 21 in the school gymnasium. The Preppies is UPrep’s own award show. This is a night for students to shine and perform. Seniors arrived as their favorite artist ready to perform on stage.The show was hosted by Shelbi Smith and Deron McClendon. The show highlighted the class of 2017 and awarded them with their coveted superlative awards.From Class Smart to Mr. and Mrs. UPrep seniors go head to head to win an award. The final award of the night was Mr. or Ms. UPrep, which is an award that highlights the student who has the most school spirit; Shawn Pittman won for the boys and Shelbi Smith won for the girls. All of the winners will be showcased in the school yearbook.Senior Spirit Week was May 15-19. The senior’s trip to Cedar Point was May 16. There will be a senior breakfast, rep your college day, which includes safety workshops for seniors, and a senior luncheon. The final day of Spirit Week is senior shirt day and class picture day.