Letter to Seniors from the 2017 Class President

To the seniors of Cass Technical High School, this one is for you. All of the pep rallies, homecomings, and events we have had, and the moments we bonded together will forever be memorable.

It all started freshman year where we were all new to the building, learning something new everyday seemed exciting but was also scary at the same time. In a building of 2500 being the ‘new kids’ was a big deal. Football games were hype as we won a city championship this year and night games were the best.

We soon learned our way around into sophomore year where your group of friends locked in and we got slightly more comfortable being in this high school environment. We indulged in many extra curricular and started to realize that how social we were freshmen year wasn't going to cut it, we had to worry about academics too.

Junior year was the most challenging. The bliss of finally being an ‘upperclassmen’ was more than rewarding, holding our heads high this year people knew who we were. We could never forget how this year was the most important as we SAT prepped our days and nights away and for some of us we studied for our AP exams, all while readying our last semester of classes that would be sent to colleges.

So now this year, it's almost over. Our year started out seeming unreal graduation being months away from September our last days in the halls of Cass seemed non existent. Our last pep rally, last sports seasons, last homecoming, even our last high school count days, all of which happened way too soon. As we prepare for graduation we have to take everything we have learned to college with us, all of the book knowledge and life lessons we are now prepared for the next step. I will be attending the University of Miami in the fall and majoring in Journalism.

It might not be easy being be "new kind" on campus, but rest assured we've been here before. Here's to you seniors of Cass Tech and good luck on your next step.