Bulldog Spotlight: A celebration of life, in memory of our beloved Jermaine Tilmon

Although Jeremaine Tilmon’s life ended as a victim to violence, that isn’t how he will be remembered. He will be remembered as a brother, a father, an uncle and a friend to many students at East English Village.

Tilmon was murdered in the early morning on Nov. 3. The circumstances around his death are unknown; however, there is a person of interest in custody. 

Tilmon often volunteered at EEVPA and served as an outreach worker for Keeping Them Alive, a group that empowers Detroit’s young people through mentorship, positive action and community building. 

“Youth members are challenged to actively organize to reduce youth violence and increase youth education in their school and communities,” said Ray Winans, Founder of Keeping Them Alive. “Tilmon wanted better options for students and encouraged them to avoid bad influences." 

Tilmon had a mission and was dedicated to accomplishing his outreach work that permitted and enabled him to help young people live life better. 

“Mr. Tilmon inspired me to change my life and was a positive influence. He always gave me pearls of wisdom to keep pushing whenever I felt like giving up," junior Daja Watkins said.