EEVPA supports Clinton, curious about other candidates

Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump? Who will win in 2016? 

"This election has some interesting candidates," Netyla Jones, an East English Village probability and statistics teacher. "While Clinton may not be the best choice, she's definitely a better candidate than Trump."

Clinton and Trump are the top candidates running for president of the U.S. Clinton is the Democratic candidate and the first woman ever elected to represent a major party.

"I am comfortable knowing that Bill Clinton will be in office to assist his wife with the various political affairs," said Jones, referring to Hillary Clinton's husband, who was the 42nd president of the U.S. "He was one of my favorite presidents and he's definitely knowledgeable."

Although, Hillary Clinton is the first woman to successfully win a major party bid, it was Victoria Woodhull, as the first women to run for presidency in 1872. Woodhull supported women suffrage and equal rights. 

"I will appreciate having a woman as president," said EEVPA sophomore grade Thonesha Flowers. "She is an inspiration to me. Hopefully, I will follow in both Clinton and Woodhull footsteps and create equal opportunities for women."

Like Clinton, Woodhull received much criticism and met a lot of opposition with her presidential bid.

EEVPA's government and politics teacher Syrian Woods believes Clinton is the best candidate. 

“Trump is out of touch when it comes to an average person and their needs," Woods said. "He is more like an entertainer and spends most of his time blaming others for his bad behavior."

Garry Johnson, the Libertarian candidate, and Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate aren't as well known to EEVPA students.

"The other parties are not advertised as much. I hardly hear anything about them," said Maryann Claxton, a junior at EEVPA. "I would like to hear more of the other candidates platform and I am sure voters would like additional information, as well."