Making a Comeback: Bryant Brewer makes a fierce return

EEVPA football player rebounds from injury

<p>Bryant&nbsp;Brewer pictured with his football coach and mentor Rod&nbsp;Oden.</p>

Bryant Brewer pictured with his football coach and mentor Rod Oden.

For five weeks, East English Village had to go without one of their toughest players. During the Ville’s first game on Aug. 25 against Brighton High School, linebacker Bryant Brewer attempted to tackle someone and rolled over on his left ankle. He knew it was bad.

EEVPA Football Coach Rod Oden then learned that Brewer would be off the field for five weeks.

“The worst part about being off the field is watching my teammates play without me," Brewer said. Since the injury, Brewer attended rehab and physical therapy.

“He has a very good work ethic and practices hard,” Oden said.

Brewer first game was against Osborn where EEVPA was victorious, 20-6. Brewer came back and impacted the defense that ensured the win. Fans can’t wait to see what Brewer has in store for the rest of the season and they look forward to him carrying the team to both the state finals.

“I chose East English because Coach Rod Oden’s highly skilled in what he does. Also, major schools recruit here," Brewer said. 

Brewer has played football for two years and will continue his football career in college. He is indecisive about which university he’ll be calling home, but he plans to major in sports business management. Brewer holds a 3.7 grade-point average.