Election 2016: Trying to find the facts

Debating and campaigning typically offers voters an opportunity to gain a clear understanding of each candidate’s potential policies and goals. This presidential campaign continues to bring a host of debates surrounding issues that are centered on the candidate’s personal infidelities and questions their moral fitness as president of the U.S.

There is an overwhelming need for voters to check facts to validate the accuracy of the candidates statements with foreign policy, taxes and Obamacare. 

"As a first time voter watching the Democratic Convention was pragmatic in educating my selection and support of Hillary Clinton," said Communications & Media Arts senior Dawsyn Collister. 

Voters are forced to complete ongoing research to substantiate the “truthfulness” of the two presidential candidates. 

CMA’s senior class president Patricia Johnson said the finger-pointing and frivolous fighting is causing a distraction for voters to fully understand what is at stake.

Potential voters are encouraged to research the candidates. Many elderly, indigent voters are frustrated with the lack of resources and knowledge. 

Election Day is swiftly approaching and inaccuracies and revelations of the candidates past are leaving most baffled and left with little or no choice.

Both Presidential candidates believe that their reform policy is what is best for the U.S. it up to the people to decide by placing your vote on Nov. 8.