Cass Tech players continue All-American tradition

<p>Donovan Peoples-Jones and Donovan Johnson were officially inducted into the U.S Army&nbsp;All-American Bowl on Oct. 1 during halftime&nbsp;at the Homecoming game. Jaylen Kelly-Powell was also inducted into the Under Armour All-America game on Sept. 8.&nbsp;Coach Thomas&nbsp;Wilcher was proud to have led three more players into the games. </p>

Donovan Peoples-Jones and Donovan Johnson were officially inducted into the U.S Army All-American Bowl on Oct. 1 during halftime at the Homecoming game. Jaylen Kelly-Powell was also inducted into the Under Armour All-America game on Sept. 8. Coach Thomas Wilcher was proud to have led three more players into the games.

Cass Tech head football Coach Thomas Wilcher seems to keep producing some of the best athletes in the nation. He has inducted a total of 12 Army All American players into the U.S Army All American Bowl. The game is played in San Antonio, Texas, every January.

Recently CT alum and Wolverine Jourdan Lewis was named a collegiate All-American.

Heavily recruited seniors Donovan Johnson and Donovan Peoples-Jones were inducted during halftime at the homecoming game versus King on Oct. 1.

The U.S. Army All-American Bowl ceremony was not the only ceremony that took place at Cass Tech this fall. In September, senior multi-position athlete Jaylen Kelly-Powell received his jersey to commemorate his selection into the Under Armour All America game to be played New Year’s Day in Orlando which will be aired on ESPN.

The recruitment process for this senior class will be interesting, as all of the All American players plan to wait until they complete official visits to commit to a school.

“It’s a huge decision and I just want to take my time and enjoy the process.” Peoples-Jones said.