CT student expresses herself through photography

‘I just wish for peace’

<p>Maisha Rahman decided to express herself through art.</p>

Maisha Rahman decided to express herself through art.

Since the terrorist attacks in Paris, racial and religious tension has been high all over the world.

“They have no right to call themselves Muslims because true Muslims would never harm other people”, said Cass Tech senior Maisha Rahman in reference to the Paris attackers that identify as Muslim.

Rahman took a different approach to have her voice heard on social media concerning the topic. Using her artistic talents in poetry and photography, she posted a photo stating:

“I am Muslim, and I am not a Terrorist.”

“I put two poems on Facebook that sort of expressed how I was feeling about everything going on in the world and I guess what triggered it was the Paris attacks and the reactions to it. What kind of broke me was when a friend of mine was showing me a petition online to ban Islam in America,” said Rahman.

Rahman sais she was devastated by the petitions that have been circulating on social media in effort to ban Islam in America the so called “Melting Pot.”

“That hurt my feelings that goes against every right freedom of religion that was given to people, you’re breaking everything you put in the constitution,” she said. “You can’t blame an entire religion on the actions of a few individual. I just wish people would bring an understanding to themselves. I just wish for peace.”

Contributing Writers Jazmyn Ollis, Ana Uddin and Rumana Uddin