Seniors face college application deadlines

By Marcellous Weaver The Communicator

Some say senior year is the easiest, but when it comes to college applications and scholarships many think otherwise.

“This is too much work,” said senior Kameron Williams. “Not only are we trying to apply to all our desired colleges and scholarships, but we also have an overload of homework each night.”

Students began applying to colleges and scholarships the summer prior to senior year. During fall semester, students are still in the process of finishing college applications before December deadlines. 

However, some teachers don’t take this into consideration and continuously give assignments during this tiresome time.

“It’s overwhelming at times,” said Renaissance senior Christoria Collins. “My English teacher tends to assigns us an essay practically every day for homework. Included with that homework is work from my other six classes and on top of that, I’m trying to finish all my college applications and finish essays for scholarships.”

Though some students feel teachers don’t take into consideration that at times we are overwhelmed or stressed due to us finishing applications and essays, Renaissance senior Justin Woods thinks we may benefit from this.

“I really don’t mind the work given sometimes,” said Woods. “In college, nothing less will be expected from us by our professors. The workload we’re given by our teachers, I feel is an advantage for my fellow classmates and I. I won’t say that at times I’m not stressed or overwhelmed but that’s the weight I’m willing to bare for success.”