Be proud of who you are

Many students struggle with self-esteem in high school

By Hadja Simakha Pink Lady Press

“I am Beautiful,” “I am Confident,” and strong. That’s how view myself, even when I’m dealing with emotions such as pride, despair, and shame.

However, I realized that my view of myself isn’t how others may see themselves.

According to the Mayo Clinic, self-esteem is defined as your overall opinion of yourself — how you feel about your abilities and limitations. No one should ever feel ashamed or embarrassed of being themselves.

The medical research group says self-esteem begins to form in early childhood. It also says the following factors could have an impact on your self-esteem: how other people react to you experiences at home, school, and work and in the community, media messages.

Here’s my take on self-esteem: “Be who you are and PROUD of it, because you look whole lot better, when you are being yourself.”

We may have all felt hopeless, helpless, and full of despair. But, you shouldn’t give up everything because pf factors that may have contributed to your feelings.

Have you ever worn something you like or even had your hair styled a certain way, but you made changes to yourself based on the opinions of other people?

I’m here to let you know you that should not feel good about yourself. My philosophy is simple: “No one wears you better than you”

Self-esteem can be rebuilt by seeking or offering emotional support, staying positive and being grateful and appreciative.