Loyola: Johnson keeps students, staff on task

By Ricardo Murray Staff Writer

In every school there is always someone in the main office that holds the school together. At Loyola high school, that person is Demetria Johnson.

Johnson has been working at Loyola since February 2007. She is always helping people in the school.

The most important task she said is “supporting the principal and her duties along with the other staff.”

Every school day, Johnson starts off by opening up the office at 7:30 a.m. She greets students, faculty, and guests as they enter to building and takes care of any issues they may have.

Then its time to get down to the business of taking care of the morning mail, paper work, dealing with students that come in late, and making sure teachers turn in their morning attendance.

Each afternoon during Academic Seminar, Johnson delivers the Examen of Consciousness, which allows students and faculty to take a little time to reflect on their day.

Johnson ends every day with closing announcements. After dismissal, and the end of day goodbyes, she makes sure that the front office is closed up and secure for the day.

“The best part about being at Loyola is that not only am I the Administrative Assistant for the principal, I get to do various other jobs within Loyola,” Johnson said.

Those jobs include senior class mediator and Parent Club supervisor.

“I love my jobs and they are amazing,” Johnson said.