Loyola: ‘I’ll have be more responsible and dependable’ in college

Being accepted to Morehouse College is thus far my greatest accomplishment, but I have to say I’m pretty terrified of starting my first year of college in Georgia, far away from all my family.

No matter how excited I get about leaving for college I find myself struck with getting homesick. Moving away from home for the first time and adjusting to a college work load will both be totally new to me. Also setting up brand new daily routines might take a toll on me.

I’m starting to understand that things are going to be more real. I’ll be responsible for waking myself up every morning, washing my clothes, cleaning and even feeding myself.

I’ll have be more responsible and dependable now that I’m going to college. I have to deal with the fact that there won’t always be a teacher that’s going to go through their assignments with me on a one on one basis.

Sometimes, I ask myself “do I have the necessary skills I need to go to college?” Although I’m an outstanding student think I might lack the necessary social skills and confidence needed to be a successful all around college student.

That’s the cycle of thoughts that go through my head. But I know I will be alright. Right? I have to deal with the fact that I’m not a kid anymore, and will no longer be treated like one.