Everette: ‘Goodbye CMA; hello to a new day’

By Dajae’ Everette Staff Writer

As the year winds down, and a speedy year it was, I can’t seem but sit and reflect about the years that I’ve spent as a CMA student.

I have been here ever since the ninth grade and have experienced some of the greatest times in my life. I remember that out of all of CMA history, as freshman we were the first to win OLYMPIAD.

In the 10th grade we lost a memorable piece of our class and we stood together and pushed through the pain. In the 11th grade, we faced the ACT head on and got great results, and now as we end our senor year, we are more of a family then we have ever been.

We share our dreams and inspirations and we even share our downfalls. Some of us have cried together, some of us have fought together, and most of us have friendships that we’ll hold dear to our hearts forever. Some of us have fell in love within these CMA halls.

We have had extraordinary teachers that have taught us not just school lessons but life lessons, and that have nurtured, loved and protected us.

I am grateful for my experience with the Pharaohs. It has taught me how to come back from a setback and work through trial and tribulation with a smile. It has taught me to view success wholly and not just worth monetary tangibility. It has shown me how to go into the world, find my calling, love it, and work at being the best I can be.

I will miss my purple, black and white, and I’m sure will sometimes long for the guidance and advice from my teachers, but I know that if I ever need them, they are just an email away.

When I was crowned “First Lady’’ of the journalism staff as Editor-in-Chief, I was ecstatic and had so much to offer.

In the beginning, I was a little nervous because I was unsure if I could handle this whole staff. I was really scared, because I was extremely too scared to fail and had no idea what I was getting into but as I grew to understand my staff and the way they learned and worked I had it under control.

I orchestrated and aided and helped to make the paper the best it would be. Even with close deadlines, staying after school and working over the weekends I enjoyed every bit of it. I am extremely excited that I can add Editor-in-chief to my resume.

I will pass on the torch to someone who is worthy and gracious to hold the title, but I will leave them with very big shoes to fill!

I want to thank my staff especially my co-Editor-in-Chief, Qu’Juan Twilley, for staying up long nights and always being there when we had to get the paper handled. I also want to thank my top sports editor, Wesley Mulligan, for always adding so much life and flavor to the paper and always being willing to write more at ‘’crunch time.”

I want to thank my whole staff and the best adviser known to man, Dr. Williams. She has been the most generous and humble adviser in the world. She’s helped us through every stage of the paper and when things got rough she pushed us through it. I want this newspaper to flourish even more and even though I won’t be here I know The Communicator will always live.