Benjamin Carson seniors say goodbye

By Gabrielle Ford and Grace Dorsey-Burwell Staff Writers

On the first day of school this year we seniors felt excited walking in the door counting down the days to graduation. Smiling and joking around in the hallways near classrooms, silently reminiscing about our freshmen year in the same hallways.

We had nervous smiles and awkward waves in the silent halls with empty classrooms. Our freshman year the school was only filled with us. We didn’t know what we should or shouldn’t do. We had a whole week of induction to get to know our classmates and teachers. Together we helped each other throughout the year becoming close to one another and forming a family. That same family has grown bigger in the passing years as we’ve welcomed younger members.

Since that first year we’ve added new friendly faces and watched each other grow along with our school. Every year was something new. That’s something Ben Carson had over other schools and it’s why we stayed.

Every day we try to set a new standard for our peers and the underclassmen. Our senior year kind of feels like our freshman year in a way. The close family connection, constant growth, and sharing memories of working on DNA structures in Mr. Todd’s biology class.

A favorite memory was when we had the 70s day. Everyone was dressed in their best 70s outfit. It was a wonderful bonding moment, especially when we had the fashion show and a soul train line. This year we are faced with college applications, internships, classes and senior activities. All leading up to our future outside of high school and unwrapping the mysteries of our lives.

The thing that will be missed the most after graduation day will be the people, be it friends or teachers. The bonds that we made in our four years are some of the best bonds and memories that we’ll ever have. We will miss the childishness that we leave behind and shed for a chance at adulthood and we’ll even miss all the rules that we used to follow.

And now we bid goodbye to that chapter of our lives.